Sunday, October 08, 2006

Theophilus


Theophilus is my new favorite word. I like it for two reasons. First: It's Greek. I am drowning ( in a good way) in all things Greek right now...Alas, such is the fate of a Philosophy/Religion major. History of Ancient Philosophy (yeah, Plato!), Greek language (ugh, parsing!), Patristics (no, not about the patriarchs, but about the way the early Church fathers read and interpreted the Bible). My appreciation for anything Greek is growing. And the second reason I like "Theophilus"? It means "lover of God", or "beloved of God". How flipping sweet is that? That pretty much sums up my entire meaning and and purpose in life. Dreams and identity alike are built on that foundation of being madly in love with Jesus Christ. Being a God-lover - what else is there? Lest anyone think I have arrived at this conclusion lightly, be assured that I have spent many an hour wrestling this one. More on this later...

No comments: